Giving Notice of Marriage

 First and foremost, pick a date! Then, make a provisional arrangement with the approved venue of your choice. Contact the Register Office without delay to book the Registration Staff to conduct the ceremony.

Once the date and time has been agreed with both your venue and the Register Office you should confirm the arrangements in writing.


When you have arranged all the above, you must give notice of your intention to marry, in person, to The Superintendent Registrar of the district in which you live. The minimum period of residence prior to giving notice is 7 days. Notice can be given up to a year before the wedding.

After 15 clear days, the Superintendent Registrar’s certificate of authority for marriage can be issued for each of the parties.


You may also be interested in: Booking a Wedding Registrar, Essex Registrars, Essex Ceremony Venues, London and Herts Registrars, London and Herts Ceremony Venues