you’re going to plan your own wedding rather than hiring a professional, it’s
likely you’re searching for help online. Planning a wedding is a great deal
of fun but it can also be highly stressful.
Here are just 10 tips to get you started:
- It sounds obvious but it’s important to decide
your budget for every aspect of your wedding, from the dress to the venue and
the flowers, otherwise, you could easily end up going way over. The average
wedding in the UK now costs over £20,000 and plenty of people can’t afford to
spend that much.
- Make sure your wedding doesn’t fall on a day when
important guests can’t attend.
- Consider what kind of weather you would like, and
remember that summer is a much more popular time for weddings- if you wish to
book a venue at this time of year, you must do it way ahead.
- If you feel you need a lower budget, you might
have to invite fewer guests.
- One of the most important wedding tips is to work
as a team with your partner- after all, you’re both in this together.
- You might even want to use a spreadsheet to get
- Many couples now like to create a website which
has all the information guests need.
- Talking to other married couples about they
organised their big day can be extremely helpful.
- Planning a wedding and honeymoon at the same time
can be difficult, not to mention expensive, so you might want to take time
between them. Focus on one thing at a time.
- Check out The Wedding Guide for the latest tips for
planning your big day.